Welcome! I'm Cookie's Mom. You can learn all about Cookie and why I blog here: About Cookie's Chronicles. If you're new here, you may want to SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED. Thanks for stopping by! Pull up a beach chair and be my guest, won't you?

Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Cough-Cough-Cough

Another long night of fever and coughing for my little guy. The good news is he is eating food again this morning. His spirits seem to be lifting too. Today he said to me, "Mommy, do you want a treat this morning?" I answered, cautiously, "Um... yes?" "Okay!", he said, "So... lets go watch The Sound of Music!" It's probably my favourite movie of all time. How could I resist? We usually have a strict-ish two hours of TV max per day rule around here, but many rules go out the window when our kids are sick, don't they?

Watching any movie with Jack is a special treat, especially for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet. As any scene is coming to a close, Jack will give a summary of the next scene. "Maria is going back to the Abbey now. That's where her life is. But then she's going to go be with the Captain and the kids, and have a new life." Sometimes, because of our strict-ish TV time rules, we will stop a movie before it's done. Jack never forgets the exact point that we have to return to in the movie, even if it's been days since we stopped watching it. Fascinating memories kids have. If only that trait could be bottled.

I hope you are well this Sunday. If someone in your house is a little sick today, just try thinking of your favourite things, and then you won't feel so bad.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I have never shown this movie to my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I almost cried when my VHS copy wore out, and then an angel (aka hubby) bought me the Blu-Ray version. Balance restored.

    ReplyDelete