1. Green is a name for the movement to save the environment. The whole "green thing" has taken on a life of its own. If it hasn't landed in your inbox yet, check out this email that's been going around: The Green Thing.
2. Green is a colour! Last week, I shared Ten Words I Could Live Without, where I shared my desire to return the word green to its rightful place as a colour... just like in the good old days. Green is my favourite colour. Read the rest of my green words and you'll see why.
3. Green is the colour of my birthstone, the grand and beautiful emerald. Coincidence that it's my favourite colour?
4. Green is the colour of nature. I love trees. I love how they sound when they move together à la Phenomenon. There's nothing more restful than the view from the top of a mountain, and that view just wouldn't be the same without the carpet of trees that lines the slopes.
5. Green is also the colour of envy. For example, I am envious of the person with the lifestyle and personality to match this shoe!
6. Green is for avocado. Avocados make everything better, especially salads and sandwiches. All of my favourite mexican foods are elevated to higher heights by the beautiful and delicious guacamole. By the way, avocados are a great way to add healthy fat to your diet. They're full of MUFAs - "bless you" - thank-you, but I didn't sneeze. MUFA stands for monounsaturated fatty acid. It's good stuff.
7 & 8. Green is for garden hose and green is for grass. Nothing says summer like running through the sprinkler on the front lawn!
9 & 10 &... Green is for shamrocks and leprechauns and all other things Irish. Green beer - it's not JUST for St. Patrick's day anymore!
Now, is it any wonder that I love the colour green?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
What do you think of when you think of the word 'green'?