Welcome! I'm Cookie's Mom. You can learn all about Cookie and why I blog here: About Cookie's Chronicles. If you're new here, you may want to SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED. Thanks for stopping by! Pull up a beach chair and be my guest, won't you?

Monday, May 23, 2011

I Took The Mom Pledge

I didn't need much of a nudge to take this pledge. Thanks to Cristi of Motherhood Unadorned for the prompt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This pledge is not just for bloggers. It's also important for readers and commenters to read the words and take the pledge. It's about supporting each other, empowering each other and not bullying each other. So please consider taking The Mom Pledge by clicking here.

BWS tips button

The Mom Pledge

I am a proud to be a mom. I will conduct myself with integrity in all my online activities. I can lead by example.

I pledge to treat my fellow moms with respect. I will acknowledge that there is no one, “right” way to be a good Mom. Each woman makes the choices best for her family.

I believe a healthy dialogue on important issues is a good thing. I will welcome differing opinions when offered in a respectful, non-judgmental manner. And will treat those who do so in kind.

I stand up against cyber bullying. My online space reflects who I am and what I believe in. I will not tolerate comments that are rude, condescending or disrespectful.

I refuse to give those who attack a platform. I will remove their remarks with no mention or response. I can take control.

I want to see moms work together to build one another up, not tear each other down. Words can be used as weapons. I will not engage in that behavior.

I affirm that we are a community. As a member, I will strive to foster goodwill among moms. Together, we can make a difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the community here and take the pledge!

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is a great pledge. I actually read it out loud, so I guess I took the pledge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Can't wait to spread the word about this one!

    ReplyDelete