Welcome! I'm Cookie's Mom. You can learn all about Cookie and why I blog here: About Cookie's Chronicles. If you're new here, you may want to SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED. Thanks for stopping by! Pull up a beach chair and be my guest, won't you?

Monday, May 16, 2011

Is there an ideal person for you?

I was part of a conversation about the ideal woman - okay I was lurking around a conversation about the ideal woman - and who or what that might be. It wasn't a serious conversation, but I started to really think about it. I can't help myself. I'm a thinker.

Retrieved May 16, 2011 from http://tarotcardpsychology.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/10-weeks-to-attracting-your-ideal-partner-week-1/
It occurred to me that since the only constant is change, what is ideal today is something entirely different tomorrow. People grow and change in small ways as part of a plan or in reaction to what's happening around them. Since people change, no matter who you choose or end up with there will be some adjustments to be made along the way. Focusing on some ideal and expecting it to last is not only pointless, it's like wearing blinders all of the time. Life is made up of ideal moments that will pass us by if we are always looking for something else.

What do you think? Is there an ideal partner? Have you met yours?

Edited to fix an embarassing typo. New question: Is there such a thing as life without typos?

2 comments:

  1. I think I have. We've been together 13 years and so much has changed in that time. With recent events, I've discovered just what an amazing guy he is and I couldn't ask for anything more so I'd say he's pretty ideal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice to hear, Robin. My guy is pretty amazing too. We're two lucky women!

    ReplyDelete