Welcome! I'm Cookie's Mom. You can learn all about Cookie and why I blog here: About Cookie's Chronicles. If you're new here, you may want to SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED. Thanks for stopping by! Pull up a beach chair and be my guest, won't you?

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Knock Knock

My son is currently obsessed with knock knock jokes. We've had to institute a rule that no one answers the door during meals, just so that we get a reprieve.


Today, in honour of my son, I thought I'd share some of his favourites.

Knock Knock. Who's There? A Bee. A Bee who? A Bee C D E F G.......

Knock Knock. Who's There? Cows go. Cows go who? No! Cows go MOO!


Knock Knock. Who's There? Boo. Boo who? Well, don't cry about it. It's just a joke!

Knock Knock. Who's There? Interrupting cow. Interrup...? MOO!

Knock Knock. Who's There? A little old lady. A little old lady who? Hey, I didn't know you could yodel!

Knock Knock. Who's There? Ash. Ash who? Bless you!

Knock Knock. Who's There? Police. Police who? Police stop telling these awful knock-knock jokes.

And finally, the pièce de résistance, the cream of the crop, the king of all knock knock jokes...

Knock Knock. Who's There? Banana. Banana who? Knock Knock. Who's There? Banana. Banana who? Knock Knock. Who's There? Banana. Banana who? (This joke can, and sometimes seems to, go on forever. Admittedly, this one is my fault - my favourite annoying knock-knock joke from my childhood.) Knock Knock. Who's There? Orange. Orange who? Orange you glad I didn't say Banana? (And how!)


Your turn! Know any good knock-knock jokes?

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Looks like you guys have some fun times at your house. I hadn't even heard some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...that's cute! It's been a while since I've heard a good knock knock joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. If he can remember the punch lines, he's way ahead of the pack! (That seems to be a recurring problem with the 3- and 4-year-olds I work with.) I think you need to post some video footage of your little comedian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love knock knock jokes!! Great idea about "not answering the door at dinner" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, we do have some fun. We're very silly much of the time... which is starting to get my son in trouble at school. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Did you enjoy them enough to, say, look after Jack for an hour or two while he tells them to you... over and over... and over... and over... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, I suppose my clearly typed post suggests that, but he frequently forgets the punchlines. Sometimes he gets them right. Other times he makes up silly answers which are often even funnier than the originals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, thanks. I have to agree that was a brilliant piece of mothering right there, my suggesting that we don't answer the door during dinner. Sometimes we think pretty well on our feet, don't we?

    ReplyDelete