Welcome! I'm Cookie's Mom. You can learn all about Cookie and why I blog here: About Cookie's Chronicles. If you're new here, you may want to SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED. Thanks for stopping by! Pull up a beach chair and be my guest, won't you?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: Collage Fun

I love to go out into my backyard at this time of year and admire the fall foliage. Jack and I have made fall collages for that past three years now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We wandered the gardens picking out our favourite leaves
and brought some inside.


We brought a LOT of leaves inside
(and a couple of flowers).


Then we carefully selected just the right leaves and voila

Jack's minimalist collage:


And mine:


I may have gone a bit overboard.

I think Jack has a better grasp of the concept of blank space than I have.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

19 comments:

  1. Haha! Yours look a little bit crowded but lovely nonetheless! Love Jack's. Such a beautiful craft to do with the kids. I'll certainly try it with my kids one day! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, G! :) I was getting a little bored - Jack and I work at slightly different paces - guess I should have stopped at some point before completely filling the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is pretty, Sue! How much you want for them both? Collages are about the only artsy fartsy thing I can do. Did you put a few flowers between some book pages?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth! We didn't press them for this one, but we pressed our collages afterwards. Pressed Jack's by putting it in a glass frame. Mine was squished under a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Idea!! My daughter picked a whole bunch of leaves, dried flowers, acorns and maple keys the other day, and they are all sitting on my front porch chair.

    I do believe tomorrow will be craft day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, fun! You'll have to post a photo of her creation, Rory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both lovely! What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative idea!! I like them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun tradition! I think both turned out delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank-you Rach, Jen and Becky! I love fall and I love it when Jack and I get to do crafts together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Hmm, time to go leaves-picking...I hope we can find such an interesting mix of colours and designs too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually liked both of them very much. If I did this (which I just might do!), I'd lean more toward your style. Sometimes, more is more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great. Nothing wrong with going overboard when it comes to art. Jack did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks June. Have fun with it if you do try it!

    Thanks Jacqui! That must be what I was thinking: more is more. I like it!

    Stasha, thanks. I was really impressed with Jack's arrangement this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think there is nothing wrong with overcrowding it a little! What a great idea to do with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so so creative!! These are inspiring and really beautiful. Imagodothat. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara, thanks! :) Crafts are too fun!

    Ado, lemmeknowhowitgoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jack did great! And so did you! What a lovely activity to do together ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Mama! We had a lot of fun with it (and used up all the glue). :)

    ReplyDelete