My blogging friend - and now in-real-life (IRL) friend ever since she moved to Cowtown - Robin of Farewell Stranger, tagged me in her 11 Questions post. Thanks Robin! This is just the thing to help me get back into blogging after a forced computer-trouble-related hiatus.
Robin came up with some very interesting questions for me:
1. What’s your superpower?
Longevity. Seriously. I have SO much stuff to do I may NEVER die.
2. What blog do you never miss? (other than Farewell Stranger, of course)
I don't think I could pick just one. I like to visit the bloggers that regularly visit and comment on my blog - they have become like friends and I like to support them as they support me. Check out my Blogs I Follow page to see who I try to keep up with!
3. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Sway. Just Sway. It's an alternative pronunciation of Sue, which is as boring as dirt (no offence meant to lovers and aficionados of all things dirt).
4. Do you consider yourself a “blogger” or a “writer”?
Right now, I'm a blogger, but I have some moments of writing prowess (however small and short-lived they may be). One day I hope to be a writer.
5. What was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
Oh boy. Biggest failure? Hmm. I had my own business for a while. I was a consultant on my own. It didn't last. I recognized that more heads and hands are better than just my own when it comes to something of that magnitude.
6. What’s the most embarrassing song in your collection?
Gawd. I'm pretty sure I have a recording of Who Let the Dogs Out around here somewhere. And if that's not embarrassing enough, there are multiple BackStreet Boys CDs in my possession. They don't get a lot of air time anymore.
7. Are you shy?
Mmm, sometimes I guess. I'm quiet in large groups because I have a pretty soft voice. I'm most comfortable one on one or in small groups.
8. How do you prioritize yourself in your own life?
I'm pretty high up there. That hasn't always been the case, but with age I've realized that I need to take good care of myself if I am going to be available to do all that I want to do and be there for my friends and family.
9. Where do you stand on chocolate?
I'm all for it though, these days, it has to be dark chocolate. May as well be good for me too, right? Milk chocolate is very sweet, and, of course, I am already sweet enough. :)
10. What’s your biggest source of inspiration (other than your family, etc.)?
My history, really. MySELF. When I look back at each challenge and how I've risen to meet it, I find the strength to reach even further.
11. What do you hope to do this year that you’re really excited about?
This one is hard to put a label on. I'm excited about a number of changes that are happening that are really about personal growth. They'll result in a healthier, happier, more productive me. Very exciting!
Now it’s my turn to tag 11 others and give them 11 questions to answer. But first…
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Let each blogger know that you have tagged him/her.
Stasha at NorthWestMommy
Ado at The Momalog
Bruna at Bees With Honey
Tonya at Letters for Lucas
Nadia at Mama and The City
Lisa at Schwartz Chronicles
Amanda at Lilahbility
Bianca at Bits of Bee
Jennifer at Just Jennifer
Christine at The Aums
Shannon at My New Favorite Day
The 11 questions I'd like them to answer are:
1. What would you be doing right now if you weren't answering my 11 questions?
2. If a genie were to grant you three wishes, what would your three wishes be?
3. What's in your purse? G'head. I'll wait while you empty it out and catalogue the contents.
4. What book are you dying to read (or, if you're more of a movie person, what movie are you dying to see)?
5. What are the three best words to describe yourself?
6. If you could trade places with someone for a week, who would it be and why?
7. What is your favourite song?
8. What's the best title for your biography or autobiography?
9. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? How would it change your life?
10. Your worst day ever?
11. Did you resolve to do anything differently this year? How's that going?
Perhaps some of these questions will lead to some interesting blog fodder. Hopefully, none of you are annoyed that I tagged you and made you answer these questions! :) Can't wait to read your answers!