However, I am behind the eight ball this week, so I'm going to combine two posts in one and write a slightly different listicle.
Before I get to my list, I want to remind everyone that the Best of the Blogosphere linky will go live on Wednesday! It will be open until March 10th, giving you lots of time to link up a favourite post or write up your list of February favourites.Last week, Bianca of Bits of Bee tagged me in an 11 Questions post. I love her questions, and can't wait to answer them.
I also recently answered 11 Questions posed to me by Robin of Farewell Stranger. Click here to see my answers to her thought-provoking questions.And now for my answers to Bianca's questions:
1) Share a funny quote (and link it up for Quotable Bits on Tuesday - I know, shameless plug).
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho MarxFunny, funny man that Groucho Marx.
2) What is your favourite thing to eat?
Bread. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the usual goodies: cheesecake, chocolate, home baked potato chips... but I could eat bread and bread products all the live-long day. My name is Sue, and I am a carbaholic.
3) Share a favourite photo you've taken recently, and tell us why it's your fav!
Well, so long as recently is a very broad term.... My computer died and I haven't been able to upload photos for a while and... well, you've heard this sob story already. Here is one I took last fall. It's probably pretty obvious why I LOVE it.
4) What is something you like to do just for you?
I love those rare moments when everyone is out of the house or otherwise occupied and I have time to watch my TV shows in peace! You know, the shows that every one else groans at. The ones that people judge you for watching (and then watch in the privacy of their own homes). Ya, those! Fun!
5) Which suits your personality more: dresses and heels or stretch pants and sneakers? Why?
Dresses and heels - the second option scares me a little - but most of the time you'll find me in jeans and a lace up RBLT (rubber bottom, leather top) boot or a comfy shoe (but not sneakers - I have standards)! Speaking of which, just today I found a few things to pin to my My Style board. I think I <3 Pinterest.
6) What would be your dream job?
Some kind of travelling reviewer - restaurants, hotels... anything. Just so long as my travels take me to warm and tropical places rather than cold, desolate places. Caribbean spa resort reviewer? Oh, ya!
7) What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Honestly? I think it's getting feedback on my writing. What do people like? What do they not respond to? But there's so much more that I love about it too. The connections. The friendships that have appeared as a result. Wait, didn't I write an entire post about this recently? Ah, yes - here it is: It's My Anniversary and Love is in the Air
8) We all need a little self esteem boost every once in awhile - what do you think is your most beautiful physical feature and why?
I think it may be my hair - though I hate to put all of my self esteem eggs in that particular basket since it's beginning to turn grey! My eyes? Well, the eyes are the windows to the soul, n'est-ce pas? I think eyes in general are the most beautiful!
9) How did you meet your husband/partner/best friend?
I answered this question for Bruna's Let's Bee Friends feature last year:
I’m not sure anyone else finds this story funny, but to my husband and I it’s hysterical. We met when we shared a cubicle wall at work. Apparently, those things are good for something. We became fast friends. If you read my post on sarcasm [on June 28th], you know that my husband and I have… a special relationship. As work colleagues we began taunting and mocking each other and it hasn’t let up since.
We used to do all sorts of childish things to relieve the monotony of work. It started with the boys throwing paper balls over the wall at the girls. The girls collected all of these paper balls, connecting them together in secret and then one day we launched the world’s largest paper ball over the wall to the boys. Hysterical. Well… you probably had to be there… or under the age of 5.
Romantic, yes? Well, we think so, but we’re kind of nerdy. The silliness continued until one day, about a year later, he asked me on a proper date. The rest, as they say, is history.10) Which of these are you most addicted to, and why? Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Mmm, probably Facebook, and then Twitter, but Pinterest made a run for it today! I have yet to "Instagram", but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
11) Link us to a favourite post you've written. Why is it your fav?
My first ever writing prompt on my blog, as prompted by Mama Kat of Mama Kat's World Famous Writer's Workshop, was a post called Not My Mother's Daughter. This post is one of my favourites, because it was the first time that I let the grammarian in me go (that grammarian ironically instilled in me by my mother). I just went with what I was feeling at the time. I miss my mother terribly, and each time I write about her I both heal and connect with her more deeply.
Thanks Bianca. Great questions!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now it’s my turn to tag 11 others and give them 11 questions to answer. But first…
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Let each blogger know that you have tagged him/her.
Mirjam - Apples and Roses
Cynthia - Life by Cynthia
Nicole - By Word of Mouth Musings
Lisa - I am all a Twitter About Life!
Kathy - My Dishwasher's Possessed
Beth - Far From Camelot
Joy - Chasing Joy
Natalie - From Corporate to Domestic
Hopes - Staying Afloat
Barbara - Spanish For Kiddos
Jennifer - Just Jennifer
The 11 questions I'd like them to answer are:
1. How many times have you been tagged to answer 11 questions? (I tagged Just Jennifer again, just to see if she now holds the record.)
2. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things (yes, just three - no cheats!) would you want to have with you?
3. Would you rather take a relaxing bath or go shopping on Black Friday?
4. What is one thing you hope some day to do or achieve? Why is it so important to you?
5. What is your favourite way to waste time?
6. Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp? Who's your favourite leading man, and why?
7. The book or the movie? If you know a great book is coming out as a movie, will you wait for the movie or rush through the book before it comes out?
8. If you could hire someone to take care of something for you - anything at all (money is no object) - what would it be?
9. What was your favourite subject in school, and why?
10. Back, side or front? What's your favourite position? SLEEPING people. I'm talking about sleeping. Sheesh. Minds... gutter... out! ;)
11. Link us to a favourite post you've written. Why is it your fav? (I'm stealing this question from Bianca's list. Couldn't resist!)
Be sure to tweet me a link to your 11 Questions post. Can't wait to read your answers (assuming you answer them - no pressure, we're all busy)!
Have a list of ten (or so) things? Link it up with Monday Listicles!
And link up a favourite quote each week with Quoteable Bits: