I've been blogging for just over a year now, and it's time to reflect on the year that it has been.
I began blogging every day, but after a few months I was worn out! I have two blogs - keeping up with the writing, administration and social media requirements of two blogs has been quite a challenge!
I eventually settled into writing somewhere between two and four posts a week and didn't get too down on myself when even that didn't happen.
Earlier this year, my computer died, and it's been a struggle to find files and get back up and running. The pause taught me that life indeed does go on even if I'm not posting regularly, and that my beloved friends and fans will forgive me and visit when I return.
I've learned a lot this year, about myself, my limits, my writing ability, and the fact that much of what happens in the maintenance of a blog or two has very little to do with writing!
I've met some truly wonderful people. I'm so grateful for all of you, for the connections, the friendships, the support - all of it. Thank-you!
It's #MondayListicles time with @NorthWestMommy, and this week's theme is LOVE. Appropriate with Valentine's day on the horizon. I thought, since I'm reminiscing and all, that I'd share what I love most about blogging.
Ah, blogging. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
1. You keep my mommy brain from becoming mommy mush. While other parts of my body may be heading south, at least my brain - which would otherwise have nothing to entertain it but CBC Kids TV, Raffi and Crazy Eights - has a place to go for stimulation.
2. You let me continue to keep one hand in the computer world. This is good from the standpoint of keeping up my general skills, but also maddening as always. Like many such unions, ours is a love-hate relationship at times. The passion keeps it fresh!
3. Without you, I would probably spend most of my days talking about my child's bodily fluids and the oh-so-precious things he does each and every passing minute. Alright, I'm still guilty of that, but I talk about lots of other stuff now too, thanks to you.
4. Through blogging, I am able to vent my frustrations, ask vexing questions, and pour my heart out to a warm and encouraging audience. WAY cheaper than therapy.
5. If it weren't for you, Blogs, I'd have never met these lovely ladies... or had these supportive bloggers as guests... or subscribed to this many fun blogs... or joined such fabulous networks as this one. I would never have met any of the fabulous authors I've had the pleasure of interviewing. My life is richer because of you.
6. Thanks to you and social media, I'm "someone". It's true! People actually "follow" me. How cool is that?
7. I get to hop, link up, follow, tweet, share, pin, chat and stumble, all because of you.
8. I've been more inclined to read, write, craft, cook and photograph my world, also because of you.
9. I love that you have allowed me to share my life and my loves with the world. Through you, I have been able to honour a number of people and to tell others how I feel about them. That's awesome.
10. Oh, and the laughs. Thank-you so very much for the laughs.
BONUS. Finally, without you, dear Blogs, I would never have discovered the #MondayListicle and all of its perks, including the wonderful and wacky gaggle of girls and guys I adore connecting with each and every Monday!
Love is in the air.
Love is all you need.
I heart this listicle, and Blogs, I heart you too! Thanks for a fun-loving year!